Lille and Amiens face off in a huge relegation clash in Ligue 1 this weekend, the outcome of which could well go a long way to deciding which division the two sides will be playing in come next season. The home side are the worst position ahead of Sunday’s game. They are 19th, two points from safety, with eight matches left to play but in the midst of a terrible run of form in which they have not won in their last seven outings.
It has been a disaster of a season for Lille, who were expected to climb as high as mid-table. The side has never been able to put together any kind of consistency however, and that is reflected in the fact they have been in the bottom three almost the entire campaign. Experienced forward Nicolas Pepe has been one of the few bright sparks and he has hit nine goals in 28 appearances. No other player has managed to notch more than four times though. It will be a devastating blow for one of the bigger sides in the league if they are demoted but it looks as if it has been a long time coming were it to happen.
Amiens meanwhile are 16th, three points above their opponents. At one stage they were performing the best of all three teams who were promoted from Ligue 2 last season, but their form has tailed off significantly in the new year. They have won just two of their last nine league games and are set for a nervy end to the campaign.
Moussa Konate has been the standout performer for the team, bagging nine goals so far, and he will need to strike several times more to keep his side up.
We advise backing a Both Teams To Score bet in this game, while for our correct score prediction, we think that Amiens will win 2-1.
Head To Head
In three previous games Lille have won two matches and Amiens have won once.
Lille vs Amiens Stats
- Lille have registered 28 points after 30 games in Ligue 1 2017/18, their lowest tally at this stage since 1993/94 (27 when converted to 3 points for a win). LOSC finished 15th in that campaign.
- Lille have only won twice in their last 14 Ligue 1 games (D4 L8), this after winning four of the previous six (L2). Lille are winless in their last seven Ligue 1 games (D3 L4), the joint-longest current run along with Metz.
- Lille have only won three of their last 14 home Ligue 1 games (D5 L6).
- Lille have conceded a goal in each of their last 10 Ligue 1 games, the longest current run without a clean sheet in the competition.
- Nicolas Pepe has scored four goals in his last six Ligue 1 games, only one fewer than in his previous 36.
- Moussa Konaté has scored five of Amiens’ last nine goals in Ligue 1. He has found the net in his last two Ligue 1 games (v Dijon and Troyes), but is yet to score in three in a row.