The race for the title in Northern Ireland is reaching a critical stage and before the league splits Crusaders have the opportunity to claim top spot. However, their hosts, Warrenpoint Town, are fighting to retain their spot in the division and after winning at the weekend, they could prove to be a tough nut to crack. With that in mind, we think that backing the visitors to score over 2.5 goals is the way to go.
We are not done there though, as both of these sides seem to be involved in games which have plenty of goals and we think that this is a trend which is set to continue this Monday. With this in mind, we think backing there to be over 3.5 goals scored is an excellent way to boost the return on offer.
Warrenpoint Town provided immediate vindication in their board’s decision to change the man in charge as they secured a 3-1 away win against Ballymena United at the weekend. That result may have been against bottom of the league but it would have improved the morale in the squad at a stage of the season where it is vital to get as many points as possible.
Crusaders, though, represent an altogether tougher challenge for the hosts and with 13 wins from 16 matches on the road, the visitors will certainly be expecting to go home with all three points. It’s not as if they are shy in front of goal either as they have managed to hit the back of the net 29 times in their previous eight league matches, which works out at a massively impressive 3.625 goals per game.
Even though Crusaders will be without the services of top scorer Gavin Whyte whilst he is on international duty with Northern Ireland U21s, they have more than capable back up in Jordan Owens. The 28-years-old has seven goals in his last six outings and looks to be a good bet to score once again this Monday evening.
Head To Head
Crusaders have an excellent record in the head to head between these two sides with 10 wins and three draws from their 13 previous meetings. Crusaders claimed a dramatic 3-2 victory when these two sides last met in December.
Warrenpoint vs Crusaders Stats
- Warrenpoint have conceded at least one goal in each of their last seven matches.
- 71% of Warrenpoint’s matches have had over 2.5 goals scored in total.
- Warrenpoint have conceded at least one goal in 87% of their home matches.
- Warrenpoint have scored in 93% of their home matches.
- Warrenpoint have lost 67% of their home matches.
- Crusaders have won 78% of their matches.
- Crusaders have won 81% of their away matches.
- Crusaders have scored in each of their last 25 matches.
- 78% of Crusaders’s matches have had over 2.5 goals scored in total.
- Crusaders have scored in 100% of their away matches.
- Crusaders have scored in each of their last 16 away matches.