The battle for survival at the bottom of League Two has many more twists and turns to come as the season enters into it’s final stages, but one of the fixtures which will surely prove to be key is this Tuesday evening’s clash between fifth from bottom Crewe Alexandra and fourth from bottom Forest Green Rovers. Neither side has been particularly reliable in terms of getting a result, hence the predicament they find themselves in, so staying away from the win-draw-win market looks to be the sensible option.
Instead on backing a winner, we think the goal market is a far more reliable place to put your money. Both of these sides seem to concede just as many as they score so we think that there should be goals a plenty this Tuesday evening. With this in mind, we think that combining both teams to score with there to be over 2.5 goals scored looks to represent some excellent value.
It may be just two wins in 11 outings for Crewe going into this fixture but a closer look at their most recent results suggests that they are not playing as badly as you might expect. Their two wins have come against Colchester and Lincoln and even though they fell to defeat to Coventry, Exeter and Accrington in recent outings, they pushed their opposition all the way and were only narrowly denied of a positive result.
In the absence of top scorer Christian Doidge, things haven’t exactly been going to plan for Forest Green in recent weeks. However, whilst you might expect their troubles to be in attack, in truth their main concerns have come at the other end of the pitch. Rovers have conceded eight times in their last three outings and with no win in their last 10 away matches, it’s a stat we do not expect to improve anytime soon.
Head To Head
The sides have only met once previously and it turned out to be a thriller back in November. Two goals from Christian Doidge and a Drissa Traoré was enough for Forest Green Rovers to come away with the points after a 3-2 victory.
Crewe vs Forest Green Rovers Stats
- Crewe’s last four games have all finished with over 2.5 goals scored.
- 65% of Crewe’s points have come at home.
- Forest Green have scored in each of their last seven matches.
- Forest Green have conceded at least one goal in 94% of their away matches.
- 70% of Forest Green’s points have been earned at home.
- Forest Green have failed to win in their last 10 away matches.
- Forest Green have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 away matches.
- Forest Green have conceded two goals or more in each of their last three matches.